Background

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Success Corner - Voice of the Student

Here is the Success Story of the Week!

I have achieved what I’m looking to improve from the perspective of financials, spiritual, and relationship. Not more than 2 weeks ago, I just got an unexpected money amounting to USD $6000. Someone signed a contract to rent my apartment in Jakarta for 1 year. Initially, the property agent taking care of my apartment told me there was somebody who wanted to rent it for 2 months only. She advised me not to take it and find another person who was willing to rent for at least 6 months. Not completely but I in essence refused the idea. I told her to wait for a few more days. If within those few days there was nobody wanting to rent my apartment for at least 6 months, just take the offer. I was already grateful to God for that small money. I think because of my gratitude, 2-3 days later my agent contacted me saying that there was a person wanting to rent my apartment for 1 year. So I got a better one by being grateful for the small thing I could have received initially.

I feel really confident now (still want to boost it further), I feel I’m worthy and deserving the good things (or people) out there, and I feel equal and no longer inferior. I think my colleagues respect me more. I believe I’ve become more calm & commanding in their eyes. The colleague who used to tend to be ‘bossy’ and deal with me with less respect to me now treat me with respect. I think she talks to me more carefully & politely now. What even better is that our work relationship is getting lighter and better. She still tends to be grumbling, swearing, and negative, but I believe by my always-tend-to-be-positive presence & me sending positive energy to her every day, she’ll gradually ‘infected’ by my positivity.

One notable moment that I just couldn’t believe was once when the pastor of the church I attend told me that my face was more shining, & I looked more calm & in control. The funny thing was that when he said so, I had just been having difficult days!

Hidayat P.
Copenhagen, Denmark

Coach: Kory Koontz
Consultant: Greg Thredgold
Senior Executive: Damion Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment