Background

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Success Corner - Voice of the Student

Hello Prosper!

This week’s Success Story shows and awesome debt pay off. Great job to his coach, CJ Olsen, and everyone who has helped this student along her way.

I would like to share my success, since beginning the Debt Free program with Prosper just a couple of months ago. I had just lost the major ‘bread winner’ (my husband), leaving me in over $382,000 in debt. My income was cut by more than 2/3, so to make this work I have had to rearrange the way I spend, eyeing every expenditure (none of which has been pleasant). With the help of some life insurance money, I paid off over $50,000 of credit card debt and a small personal loan, saving me a TON of interest I didn’t have to pay out. I am now on track, starting with an extra $200.00 per month to accelerate paying off the mortgages owed on the 2 homes and a boat (trying to sell, adding to my extra money to put towards debt payment) we have, scavenging every extra dollar I can find by looking at all the bills and reevaluating what can be pared off. One of the homes is currently being rented. As my debt gets pared down, I will be able to add to my accelerator margin to become debt free. As of now I plan to be debt free by 2020 if not sooner. I feel great knowing that I WILL be debt free!

Marilyn R.
Berlin, NJ

Coach: CJ Olsen
Consultant: Brandon Lecker
Senior Executive: Matt Rowan

No comments:

Post a Comment